CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Conversations with boys

With Sean being gone, I've had a lot of time to just listen to what my boys say to one another. Their conversations are so funny and innocent.

Lately, I've been hearing lots about girls, girls, and more girls. Of course it's the same girl for one and lots of older girls for the other. I guess I have one trusty old guy and one playa, isn't that what they are called now. Yeah, I'm sure you guessed who the Playa is, Evan. He likes girls who are older. They just think he's so cute and could just eat him up. They have even asked me for his phone number, but I would not allow that.

Sean, the old trusty one, has had his eyes on two girls since he was three, the same two. His question to me the other day was, Have you ever liked two people at the same time? Uh, not that I remember I said. I told him to just be nice to both and be their friends.

But I remember that excitment of first liking someone, I think I was in the fourth grade and was trying to do my multiplication tables and the boy I liked sat right beside me and I was so nervous. Of course we never told each other that we liked them, They seem to speak up these days. I would have fallen over dead if I had to tell him I liked him. Sean has had no problem talking about how he likes them to me. Please oh please let him continue to trust me with this information.

But of course we were about to be late for class this morning and I reached for his arm to hurry him up and boy oh boy did I embarrass him, and he just couldn't explain to me why. I didn't push, I just told him I was just trying to hurry him along, not hold his hand. He seemed to buy it. I acted cool like I thought it was childish to try and hold his hand. Though I remember it wasn't too long ago, he would grab for my hand when we walked that long hall to class.

My how times have changed.

0 comments: