CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Road to Baptism

In October a couple of Sean's friends were baptized and he started thinking about when he should do it. At Christmas he went to our Pastor and told him that he was ready. So we met with Charles and this past Sunday, Sean went down front for his profession of faith. I wasn't prepared for the rush of emotions I had. I know that I'll cry when he is baptized. But for the Pastor to recognize him and introduce him to the church it was amazing and very moving.

It has been so neat to watch him in his walk, you can see when he struggles with things and how pleased he is when he's sure he's made the right choice. It's almost as if Jesus pats him on his back and he actually feels it. I pray that he will continue to feel those pats when his struggles get harder and this foundation that he's building himself will be strong enough to withstand all that life can throw at him.

0 comments: