CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 05, 2007

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Both boys are playing soccer this season and they both love it so much. In the fall little guy will be able to play on the big guys league and team. Which makes Momma happy because that cuts down on the practice time. Cuts out any conflicts of having two soccer teams and most times in the fall they only play soccer anyway. That is until the little guys decides for sure if he wants to play football. I hope he decides he doesn't want to play football.

The big guys team is doing very well. He's all about some soccer now. Very serious when he plays. Reminds me of my big brother when we played.




I love to watch them play not only is it so neat to see them get into something they enjoy other than playing in the back yard, but something that teaches them things. It also brings back memories for me. I loved playing soccer when I was a kid. The exhilaration of it was almost too much and all that comes back when I'm watching them play. I remember never, I mean never wanting any ball to get passed me, because if they passed me, they came upon my big brother and after he would save the goal, because he was a really really good goalie, he'd let me hear about it. So the exhilaration of it wasn't all fun, it was pretty scary too. But he made me tougher because of it. The big guy does this to the little guy making those memories all that much more bittersweet.


The little guys team is doing pretty good too. They have their days, they are younger and less experienced but getting there. I often wonder if he will be ready to play on the older boys team, he'll be the youngest one out there. I know exactly how he'll feel if the big brother jumps his mess. But for some reason there's something about this guy who I think may jump back.


He holds no bars and athlete just describes him. Check out how he just watches and then calculates what to do next. His size at first glance is a hindrance to him, but he'll show you just how big he is.


It's just like it used to be, just like it should be.






0 comments: